House Fire in Twinbrook

February 27, 2013 – RVFD and MCFRS units responded to a reported house fire in the Twinbrook neighborhood of Rockville. Chief 703C was first arriving unit and reported smoke showing from the roof and requested the rapid intervention dispatch. All occupants were reported out of the house.

Units found a fire originating in the second floor bathroom ceiling with extension along the attic space above the ceiling. The fire burned through the roof requiring opening the roof along the peak. The fire was quickly extinguished with fire damage limited to the ceiling and roof areas and extensive water damage. The fire was likely caused by an electrical issue in an exhaust fan in the upstairs bathroom.

Units responding: E723, E703, E729, E721, E725, AT723, AT703, RS703, C703C, C703F, B/C704, B/C703. RID: AT725, RS742, M742C.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *