The new Tower Ladder 3 replaces a 2007 Pierce rear-mount all-steer tower owned by Montgomery County, MD. The new unit is custom designed to meet the needs of the RVFD and our community. The new tower will be RVFD’s second Aerialscope (The first serving from 1973-1994 at Station 23). RVFD’s purchase of this unit will allow MCFRS to re-deploy the current tower wherever necessary.
In 2018, Tower 703 responded to 2,079 incidents. It is the busiest Tower/Truck Co in Montgomery County on which which volunteers provide minimum staffing. Delivery is expected in late-spring with in-service expected in late-summer.
The purchase of this unit would not be possible without the generous support of the citizens of the City of Rockville and surrounding communities. For more information on how you can support the RVFD, check out rvfd.org/donate.
RVFD is always looking for new dedicated #volunteers. Want to get a chance to ride, or even drive the new Tower Ladder 3? Head over to rvfd.org/volunteer.
Some features of the new tower include:
- Seagrave Marauder Stainless Steel 141″ Cab
- 95′ Platform With 1000 lbs. capacity, unrestricted
- 5000lb boom lifting capacity
- Cummins X12 500 HP Engine
- Dana Axles
- Hendrickson Ultimaax Suspension
- Stainless Steel Hi-Lo Body
- Stainless Steel Compartment Doors
- 25″ Cab Access Compartments
- Onan 6kW Hydraulic Generator
- HI-VIZ Firetech LED Scene Lights
- Whelen LED Warning Light Package
- Elkhart Scorpion Monitor
- 247″ Wheelbase